Driver CPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence)
Driver CPC is short for ‘Driver Certificate of Professional Competence’. This is a relatively new qualification under the EU Directive 2003/59.
CPC Driver Training qualification is essential if you are a professional driver of a lorry which is over 3.5 tonnes, or you drive a minibus, coach or bus or hold a licence in these categories; C1, C, CE, D1, D & DE, unless you qualify for an exemption.
It will be considered an offence if you are driving any of the above vehicles without this certificate and it will be renewable every 5 years. You will have to undergo 35 hours of periodic training during those 5 years to keep your Driver CPC.
A breakdown of the course modules include;
- Drivers Hours & Analogue Tachographs
- Digital Tachographs
- Vehicle and Load Handing Systems
- Safe Vehicle Loading
- Fundamentals of Safe, Economic & Defensive Driving
- Standards for Safe Economic & Defensive Driving
- Health and Safety in Transport
- Personal Wellbeing & Safety in Transport
- Company Procedures & Customer Care
- Secure Transport Operations
- Customer Care & Coping at the Sharp End
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Vehicle Safety Checks and Hazard Awareness
- Saving Fuel and Driving Safely
- Reversing Vehicles
- Fire Safety
- Passenger Safety for Passenger Transport
- Working Time & Drivers Hours
- Lorry Loader Refresher Course
- Forklift Refresher Course
Morgan Training Solutions can arrange Driver CPC Training at a number of training centres throughout the UK. Please contact us on 01787 375455/0845 4670902 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements and find the nearest training centre to your location.